The Mosse/Weinstein Center for Jewish Studies (CJS) is pleased to publicize and co-sponsor activities at UW–Madison that are related to the field of Jewish Studies and which would be of interest to students in Jewish Studies.
To have an event added to our events calendar, please e-mail email@example.com no less than two weeks before your event. In your e-mail, please include the following information:
- Name of event
- Date and time
- Venue name and address
- Website link
- Brief description (100-150 words)
- Contact name and phone/e-mail address
Co-sponsorship can involve one or both of the following:
(1) A letter of support, which you may use when applying for funding from other sources
(2) A modest financial award to help you produce your event
Both types of co-sponsorships require the approval of the CJS events committee.
To apply for co-sponsorship:
- Fill out the application for co-sponsorship and submit it to CJS no later than two months prior to your event.
- Student organizations requesting co-sponsorship must secure the signature of a faculty member who supports the event and can speak to its relevance for Jewish Studies.
- Your application will be reviewed by the events committee, which will consider available funds and whether your event aligns with the mission of CJS.
- Because funds for co-sponsorship are limited, CJS reserves the right to offer a financial contribution that is less that the amount originally requested. You are free to accept or decline this offer.
If your application for co-sponsorship has been accepted, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Mosse/Weinstein Center for Jewish Studies must be acknowledged as a co-sponsor on all promotional materials, posters, and advertisements for your event.
- All details of event planning (room reservations, speaker travel arrangements, etc.) are the responsibility of the requesting organization.
- The requesting organization assumes the primary responsibility for all event publicity. If time and space allow, the Center for Jewish Studies will advertise the event on our website and listserv.
- A detailed invoice must be sent to the Center for Jewish Studies.
Questions? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.