Twenty years ago, UW–Madison was the only major university in the country without a Jewish Studies program. That changed with the establishment of the Mosse/Weinstein Center for Jewish Studies, the introduction of a Certificate in Jewish Studies in 1995, and finally, in 2001, a Major in Jewish Studies. Today, the Center for Jewish Studies has over 250 alumni of our major and certificate programs. You are one of a number of pioneers who have made the Center for Jewish Studies at UW one of the best in the country. And you are part of a generation that understands the rich intellectual and historical tradition that serves as the foundation of Jewish culture, and which informs your role as a citizen in a globalized world.
You can connect (or reconnect) with the Center for Jewish Studies in any of the following ways:
- Update your contact information to insure that you receive information about Center for Jewish Studies news and upcoming events.
- Complete a survey to let us know how you’d like to keep in touch with the Center, with your classmates, and with your professors.
- Contact us if you plan to visit campus. We’d be happy to arrange a tour, classroom visit, or meeting with current students.
- Subscribe to our podcasts, which showcase our best lectures and events.
- Like us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for up-to-date announcements about students, faculty, alumni, and Center for Jewish Studies events.
- Make a gift to help us maintain the highest quality of teaching, scholarship, and public programming.