The certificate in Jewish Studies aims to acquaint students with a number of significant aspects of Jewish civilization. A total of 21 credits (7 courses) are required for the certificate:
- Language requirement (6 credits): Two semesters of Biblical or modern Hebrew
- One course in each of three disciplinary clusters (9 credits):
- Cluster 1: Literature, Philosophy and the Arts
- Cluster 2: History and Social Science
- Cluster 3: Pre-modern Jewish Civilization
- Two electives (6 credits): Any two courses in Jewish Studies will fulfill this requirement.